Website and Mobile Privacy Notice
Virtek Vision International ULC and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "Virtek Vision International") are responsible for this website, including its mobile versions. Except as described below, this notice describes our practices related to personal information we collect through Virtek Vision International websites and mobile versions. By using this website voluntarily, you consent to the practices described in this statement. In situations where your express consent is required, the particular website will provide you with an opportunity to provide or withhold your consent.
Does this Notice apply to all Virtek Vision International websites?
This Privacy Notice applies to visitors of Virtek Vision International websites that link to this Privacy Notice. Individual websites for Virtek Vision International entities, services and products may adopt different privacy notices because the transactions taking place on those websites may be different. If a Virtek Vision International website has its own privacy notice, the provisions of that notice apply to that website.
Virtek Vision International encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Virtek Vision International so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. Virtek Vision International is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on sites apart from this website or any other Virtek Vision International websites.
For Personal Information collected in the European Union (“EU”), this policy is intended to address compliance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), effective May 25, 2018.
For individuals in the United States:
- In accordance with the law of the State of California, U.S.A., California residents may request and obtain information (if any) that Virtek Vision International shared within the prior calendar year with other businesses for direct marketing use (as defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”), using the contact information provided in the policy.
- In accordance with Connecticut, U.S.A. law, Virtek Vision International protects the confidentiality of, prohibits unlawful disclosure of, and limits access to Social Security numbers (“SSNs”). Virtek Vision International does not collect SSNs through this website. Virtek Vision International does, however, collect Social Security Numbers where required by law, such as tax and payroll purposes for its employees. When Virtek Vision International collects and/or uses Social Security Numbers, Virtek Vision International will take proper care by protecting confidentiality, limiting collection, ensuring access on a need-to-know basis, implementing appropriate technical safeguards, and ensuring proper disposal.
- Gerber complies with the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) to the extent that it is a “covered entity,” as defined below. HIPAA applies only to Virtek Vision International entities operating in the United States. Questions regarding Virtek Vision International's compliance with HIPAA should be directed to the company's Human Resources organization.
For individuals in Canada:
- Virtek Vision International is committed to compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and the CAN-SPAM Act. If you visit any site that solicits your personal information, we will not use this information to send you commercial electronic messages without your express or implied consent. If you have an existing business or non-business relationship with us or if you voluntarily provide your electronic contact information without indicating that you don’t want to receive communications, we will infer that you have consented to such communications. You may contact us to opt-out at a later time.
What personal information does Virtek Vision International collect on its websites?
Virtek Vision International collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Virtek Vision International also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postal code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.Virtek Vision International does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your prior explicit consent.
The collection of any personal information will be transparent to you – you will be asked for it and will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to provide it. If you choose not to provide any of the information requested, Virtek Vision International may be unable to complete the transaction you have requested.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Virtek Vision International. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Virtek Vision International for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our websites.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or other sensitive data through Virtek Vision International public message boards, this information may be viewed and used by others. Note: Virtek Vision International does not read any of your private online communications.
How does Virtek Vision International use the personal information it collects?
Virtek Vision International collects and uses your personal information to operate the Virtek Vision International website and deliver the services you have requested. Any personal information collected will only be used to:
- conduct basic business operations, such as communicate with customers and business planning, including updating your contact information to ensure it is accurate and current;
- provide the information, item, or service you have requested;
- communicate with you about products, services and events relating to Virtek Vision International, and inform you of other products or services available from Virtek Vision International and its affiliates;
- contact you directly on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party;
- share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Virtek Vision International, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information;
- contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered;
- track the websites and pages our customers visit within Virtek Vision International, in order to determine what Virtek Vision International services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Virtek Vision International to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area;
- improve our products, services and websites;
- verify your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed here;
- respond to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets; and/or
- conduct investigations to ensure compliance with, and comply with, legal obligations.
Except where used in support of a contract with you or to fulfill a legal obligation, our use of your personal information will be only for legitimate business interests as set forth above.
Virtek Vision International websites use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. This website may also use web beacons.
Cookies are small text files sent to and stored on users’ computers that allow websites to recognize repeat users, facilitate users’ access to websites and allow websites to compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements. Cookies do not damage users’ computers or files. A web beacon is usually a pixel on a website that can be used to track whether a user has visited a particular website to deliver targeted advertising.
The primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the website that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Virtek Vision International pages, or register with Virtek Vision International site or services, a cookie helps Virtek Vision International to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Virtek Vision International site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can more easily, accurately, and swiftly use the Virtek Vision International features that you customized.
For information about cookies and other tracking technologies, click here.
How does Virtek Vision International protect information it collects?
Virtek Vision International secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure by storing it on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number, bank account information, etc.) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Where does Virtek Vision International store your information?
Virtek Vision International is a global company with locations in many different countries. Accordingly, we may transfer your information from one legal entity to another or from one country to another in order to accomplish the purposes listed above. These countries include, at a minimum, the United States, the many of the member states of the European Union, Canada and other countries, including some in Asia.
We will transfer your personal information consistent with applicable legal requirements and only to the extent necessary for the purposes set forth above. Virtek Vision International relies on available legal mechanisms to enable the legal transfer of personal information across borders. To the extent that Virtek Vision International relies on the standard contractual clauses (also called the model clauses) to authorize transfer, Virtek Vision International will comply with those requirements, including where there may be a conflict between those requirements and this Notice.
Your personal information may also be maintained and processed by our service providers in countries other than the one in which it was collected, such as the United States, member states of the European Union, Canada and other jurisdictions.
Does Virtek Vision International share the information it collects with third parties?
Virtek Vision International may share your Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
Virtek Vision International will not sell or otherwise share your personal information outside the Virtek Vision International group of companies, except to:
- service providers Virtek Vision International has retained to perform services on our behalf. Virtek Vision International will only share your personal information with service providers whom Virtek Vision International has contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- comply with legal obligations, including but not limited to in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities, courts or other government regulators;
- investigate suspected or actual illegal activity, as part of an internal investigation of a suspected or actual violation of company policy, or for audit purposes;
- prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets.
How long does Virtek Vision International retain personal information?
Virtek Vision International will retain personal information only for as long as needed to comply with its contractual and legal obligations. If the personal information is not subject to contractual or legal obligations, Virtek Vision International will retain the data for as long as is required for the original purpose for which it was collected.
What should you understand about the third-party links that may appear on this website?
In some instances, Virtek Vision International may provide links to non-Virtek Vision International controlled websites, which Virtek Vision International will make reasonable efforts to identify as such. Virtek Vision International does not control such third-party websites, however, and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites.
What additional information should specific users know?
- Parents, Guardians and Children: This website is intended for visitors who are at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Virtek Vision International does not knowingly solicit information from, or market products or services to, children. If you do not meet the age requirements set out above, please do not enter your personal information on this or any other Virtek Vision International website.
- Users from the European Union: You have the right to lodge a complaint with your national or state data protection authority, which may also be known as a supervisory authority. You also have the right to request access to and correction or erasure of your personal information, seek restrictions on or object to the processing of certain personal information, and seek data portability under certain circumstances. To contact Virtek Vision International about a request to access, correct, erase, object or seek restrictions or portability, please use the contact methods indicated at the end of this notice.
How might Virtek Vision International change this policy?
As Virtek Vision International expands and improves this website, we may need to update this policy. This policy may be modified from time to time without prior notice. We encourage you to review this policy on a regular basis for any changes. Substantive changes will be identified at the top of the policy.
How can you contact Virtek Vision International?
Virtek Vision International welcomes your comments regarding this Notice. If you believe that Virtek Vision International has not adhered to this Notice, please contact us and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
If you have any comments or questions or if there are other things we can do to maximize the value of this website to you, please email us.
If you wish to access, correct or update your personal information, or if you have questions about Virtek Vision International’s privacy practices in general, please email us at email@example.com.
You can also contact us:
SVP, Global Human Resources
Gerber Technology LLC
24 Industrial Park Road West
Tolland, CT 06084 USA
By Telephone: +1.860.870-2804
Via Virtek Vision International’s EthicsPoint hotline @ 1-866-384-4277 or submitted electronically through the secure, encrypted internet connection at EthicsPoint.com.
Within the EU, you may also contact Manuela Salgado, Director of Resources – EMEA at Manuela.firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at +351 22 6197 878, or by mail at Gerber Scientific International, Sistemas Computorizados Lda. Rua 28 de Janeiro, 350-Edifício C - Fracção 3-4400-335 Vila Nova de Gaia, Porto- Portugal.